All sworn Federal, State/Provincial, County, Municipal and Military law enforcement officers, weight control officers, corrections officers and dispatchers employed by a law enforcement agency (male or female, active or retired) are eligible. Police reservists and cadets who have 180-days of continuous law enforcement service, have received formal training in law enforcement and have powers of arrest are eligible.
Eligible fire service personnel includes both paid and volunteer, dispatchers, military fire personnel, (male or female, active or retired) who have received formal training as a firefighter and have 180-days of continuous fire service.
Eligible EMS personnel includes E.M.S. personnel employed by a private entity or Governmental Agency (male or female, active or retired) who have received formal training as an EMS provider and have 180 days of continuous service.
Eligible law enforcement, fire service and E.M.S. personnel described above from any city, county, state/province, and Country are eligible to compete.
Spouses of eligible law enforcement, fire service and E.M.S. personnel are also eligible to compete. Also, adult children and their spouses, over 18 years of age, of eligible law enforcement, fire service and E.M.S. are eligible to compete. A spouse, adult children and their spouse must complete the online registration process listing the agency information representing the eligible spouse.
NOTE: Eligibility rules will be strictly adhered to. An eligible participant may be disqualified from participating in a Can-Am Police-Fire Games event if they have been convicted of a felony or its equilvant in any country.
Agencies specifically included:
- Air Marshal
- Alcohol Beverage Control Officers
- Attorney General Investigators
- Border Patrol
- Bureau of Narcotic’s Investigators
- Canadian Police Auxiliaries*
- Canadian Police Cadets*
- CII Investigators
- County Sheriff and County Fire
- Customs and Immigration Service
- Dept. of Homeland Security (DHS)
- District Attorney’s Investigators
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Government Employed Corrections Officers
- Government Employed Dispatchers
- Harbor Police and Fire
- Highway Patrol
- Immigration & Customs Enf. (ICE)
- Military Firefighters
- Military Police
- Municipal Police and Municipal Fire
- National/State/Prov. Wardens/ Rangers
- Parole & Probation Agents and Officers
- Provincial Police
- Seasonal Smoke Jumpers and Firefighters (With two years employment)
- Secret Service
- State Police/State Patrol
- Tribal Police
- U.S. Marshal’s Office
- U.S. Park Service Police
- University/Campus Police and Fire Depts.
- US Customs & Border Protection (CBP)
*Canadian Police Auxiliaries and Canadian Police Cadets must have been appointed 180 days in advance of the Games and must be a minimum 18 years of age.
Agencies specifically excluded:
- Pre-employment Police or Fire Science students
- Private Security Services
- Civilian Jailers and Corrections Personnel
- Non-governmental Dispatchers
- Private Business Firefighters